Becky Jakobsen began training as a tuner in 1997, apprenticing under the house tuner at a major piano store in Denver. The necessity of understanding technical aspects of pianos in order to be a successful tuner motivated her in 1998 to begin learning piano regulation and repair. She has since found working on a piano to make it enjoyable to play again a satisfying and rewarding endeavor. "I am always discovering something new to add to my repertoire of skills. It is a never-ending learning process and never boring."
In 2008, Becky became a Registered Piano Technician (RPT), having passed the requisite three exams administered by the Piano Technicians Guild. Becky tries to provide the best service she can in the time allowed, and maintain reasonable prices.
Becky's services include:
- Repairs to keys, action parts, bridges, soundboards, pedal assemblies, benches, piano legs, music racks
- Repinning and restringing
- Full action regulation to either a vertical or a grand piano
- Installation of humidity control systems
- Pre-purchase evaluation for prospective piano owners